Terms and Conditions
Every effort has been made to make the phrasing and language of these terms and conditions as clear and concise as possible. Please feel free to contact us if you would like clarification on any of the points listed below before signing and returning the booking conditions.
BlueSky Experiences Ltd may publish content on the website which may be marginally different or be described in more general terms to your specifically booked activity. The details of your activities will be detailed in a proposal for clients to check before booking is confirmed.
We cannot guarantee that all the activities, venues, facilities and equipment described in BlueSky Experiences Ltd general information or website will be available. The descriptions and images are used as examples of the experience of that activity and the facilities and equipment used.
Booking and Payment
- Bookings must be confirmed in writing by the lead client in the group to BlueSky Experiences Ltd. The lead client who submits the enquiry and deals with correspondence relating to this, certifies that he/she is authorised to agree to BlueSky Experiences Ltd Terms and Conditions on behalf of all persons expected to be participating in activities in order to be able to validate the booking. This is to include any additional clients added after the booking has been confirmed or clients substituted in place of one another.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit will be required to confirm your booking on the system.
- Full payment will then be required at least 21 days prior to the event.
- Bookings are only considered to be fully confirmed after both the deposit has been paid and the booking has been confirmed in writing through the completion and return of this form.
- If your event is booked within six weeks prior to the event, a single full value invoice will be issued and payment will be required 21 days prior to the event.
- By signing this booking form, the lead client on behalf of the group agrees to pay the deposit of 20% or the full fee to secure the booking with the balance of the total cost being paid in full in accordance with clause 3.
BlueSky Experiences Ltd will endeavour to accommodate any special requests you may have. Any special requests must be made in writing at the time of booking. Unfortunately we are not able to guarantee any request will be met unless we express firm confirmation of this. Special requests are subject to availability and it must be noted that although we will strive to meet them they may not always be attainable.
Cancellation and Amendments
- We can only accept cancellation of booking by the lead client of the group.
- If you wish to cancel or amend any part of the booking, please contact us immediately with confirmation of this cancellation being confirmed in writing.
- If client numbers are to be amended, a new confirmation letter shall be distributed and with this the obligation to pay the nominal fee for the additional participant(s)
- BlueSky Experiences Ltd is entitled to retain all payments already made, and to recover the balance of the total costs detailed below:
31+ days' notice - 20% of the charge.
less than 21 days' notice - 100% of the charge.
- With regard to any amendment being made to bookings, BlueSky Experiences Ltd will try to accommodate requests for changes, however these changes may incur an additional fee to be paid.
- BlueSky Experiences Ltd reserves the right to change or substitute activities or accommodation due to circumstances beyond our control. If the cost of this is higher than the original booking then customers will be asked to pay the higher price. In this instance, we will work towards providing an activity or accommodation that closely matches the original cost.
- For the purposes of this Contract, Force Majeure Event means an event beyond the reasonable control of the Supplier including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of the Supplier or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
- The Supplier shall not be liable to the Customer as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Contract as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- If the Force Majeure Event prevents the Supplier from providing any of the Services for more than 4 weeks, the Supplier shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate this Contract immediately by giving written notice to the Customer.
- We ask that all customers take out their own personal insurance covering the risk of participating in their arranged event or activity/activities. We request that all clients are adequately insured.
- We do not take responsibility for loss or damage to personal possessions unless loss or damage is due to our negligence or failure to carry out our responsibility.
- All other appropriate insurances are held by BlueSky Experiences Ltd
BlueSky Experiences Ltd holds £5 million Public Liability insurance.
BlueSky Experiences Ltd holds AALA (Adventure Activity Licensing Authority) licence.
- BlueSky Experiences Ltd accepts responsibility for those aspects of your booking that are under our direct control. However, we do not accept responsibility for any personal injury, illness or death which arises from the negligent acts or omissions of any servant, agent or supplier working on our behalf in the provision of services or facilities to you and whilst acting in the scope of their employment.
- The customer is expected to be aware that outdoor activities have an element of risk to them and that in order to ensure their own and other' safety they must follow all safety instructions given to them by members of our staff.
- You must advise BlueSky Experiences Ltd in advance of any disability, medical or behavioural problem which might be experienced by any member of the group, which might affect that person or other guests.
- Many of our activities are weather dependent. In the event of activities being cancelled due to adverse weather, we will try to inform the lead client as far in advance as possible.
As detailed above BlueSky Experiences Ltd reserves the right to change or substitute activities or accommodation due to circumstances beyond our control. If the cost of this is higher than the original booking then customers will be asked to pay the higher price. In this instance, we will work towards providing an activity or accommodation that closely matches the original cost.
- Many events and activities require a good level of fitness and strength endurance. It is each individual client's responsibility to ensure that their level of fitness meets this standard.
- If any client has an existing medical problem we require them to contact their doctor to confirm that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the particular activities.
- Many events are not recommended for those with a disability, illness or infirmity. We may be able to offer alternative activities which are more suitable to your requirements. In this instance please contact the office for more details.
- Pregnant women must make BlueSky Experiences Ltd aware if they are planning in taking part in any of the activities as BlueSky Experiences Ltd cannot take responsibility for any problems occurring, or any individuals restricted involvement in any activity or event booked.
- BlueSky Experiences Ltd operates age restrictions on activities. Please note that the lower age limit for motorised activities is 16 years and 8 years for some other activities.
- Please always state any age details of minors upon booking. It is your responsibility to advise BlueSky Experiences Ltd on booking that there are younger members in your group.
- We reserve the right to alter these restrictions at any time due to circumstances beyond our control.
Water Based Activities
All customers taking part in organised water activities such as White Water Rafting must be confident in water when using a buoyancy aid.
Supervision and Instruction
The decision and the authority of the BlueSky Experiences Ltd staff is final and is at all times to be accepted by the customer. Group leaders who accompany the group agree to act in "loco parentis" at all times.
Behaviour and Conduct
- BlueSky Experiences Ltd employees, event staff, or any person in authority have the ability to terminate your activities, event or arrangements if, in the reasonable opinion of ourselves or the person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member(s) in the group is likely to cause damage, danger, disturbance, distress or annoyance to other clients or member of the party, employees, suppliers, property, venue or public.
- The lead client agrees that when booking through BlueSky Experiences Ltd, you accept responsibility for the correct conduct of your group during your activities and the duration of any arrangements made by BlueSky Experiences Ltd.
- You agree to ensure that all members of the group at all times act in an appropriate, safe and responsible manner and comply with all safety procedures, listen and be present at all safety and information meeting/briefings which are relevant to the activities booked.
- You agree to ensure that staff, persons in authority or the event manager are immediately made aware of any equipment or site deficiencies or concerns relating to these.
- It is your responsibility and that of the other members of your group to dress suitably for the events booked.
- You agree to ensure that all members of your group comply with the timetable of events. Poor timekeeping or a failure to keep to the timetable of events/activities may result in either discontinuation of the event or cancellation of the said event.
- In the event of discontinuation or cancellation as mentioned above, BlueSky Experiences Ltd will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any costs that may be incurred by you or any other members of your group.
- Many events and activities require a high level of concentration and the use of alcohol or drugs or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs is forbidden. If you, or any member of your group have, in the reasonable opinion of our staff, been using drink or drugs or fail to act in a safe, responsible and acceptable manner, they reserve the right to cancel your participation. In the event of this BlueSky Experiences will not be liable to pay member(s) any refund, compensation or any costs/expenses incurred.
- Any other contractors or suppliers working on our behalf all reserve the right within their reasonable opinion to terminate the arrangements and booking of any member(s) f the party due to misconduct.
- Any damage caused by the lead person or any of the participants of an activity of event will be charged directly to the lead person. This will include any intentional damage or damage arising from unreasonable behaviours (at the reasonable discretion of the event manager) to equipment, machinery, vehicles, furnishings (including hotels), venues and public areas within the facilities booked by you on behalf of the group. The management have the right to refuse ongoing services or entry to their premises to any individual whose behaviour is in their sole opinion deemed to be inappropriate.
- Full payment for any damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) caused by you or any member of your party or associates must be made direct to the accommodation manager, other supplier or to BlueSky Experiences Ltd as soon as possible.
- Please note that it is the policy of some of our accommodation providers to request credit card details of the lead member on check in in lieu of any damages or costs incurred during your groups stay.
- Price lists for additional items, such as restaurant meals, mini bar items and room service, are on display at relevant locations within the hotel / hostel and area available on request.
- Any damages must be paid for in accordance with Clause 2 under Behaviour and Conduct.
- Should you be unhappy with any element of your arrangements, you should notify us immediately so that we have an opportunity to investigate / rectify the problem.
- If you continue to be dissatisfied and wish to complain formally, this should be done in writing and sent direct to BlueSky Experiences Ltd within seven days of your event/activities or arrangements booked by us.
- As long as the above conditions have been met, the matter will be investigated and a reply will be sent to you within 4 weeks of receipt of the complaint.
- If compensation is deemed to be appropriate by the company this will be limited only to the cost of the particular element of the package where the problem has arisen.